[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> In a message dated 8/9/2007 6:50:33 P.M. Pacific  Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> I found this guy in my  backyard....
>
> http://tinyurl.com/36h4fp

===========
He has a band on, does  that mean he's an escaped pet? Or just banded?
(Maybe
to track  populations/migrations?)

Now makes me curious, how often do you see  banded birds?

I see a ton of banded wild birds.  I'd suggest that this little budgie's
(parakeet to Americans) band is from the owner or the pet shop/breeder.
  I'd "assume" that if a birder or Natural Resources biologist caught
the little guy they wouldn't release it back into the wild (and I know
some birders that would destroy it on sight!).  These guys have -
unfortunately - established sustainable breeding colonies in Florida and
other parts of the South.

--

Christian
http://photography.skofteland.net