Yeah, and small sensors will improve too, just not as much.  Small size
matters to people and the small sensors are here to stay.   It just
shifts more of the market away from the MF or bigger formats.  I'm not
saying these things won't exist, but they will be even more of a niche
market ( and even more expensive) that their corresponding film formats
were.

I'm not against anything.  I have no doubt they produce wonderful
results.  What's that got to do with business?

>>> John Sessoms <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 8/14/2007 10:55 PM >>>
From:
"Steve Desjardins"
> Film size and sensor size are two different things.  Grain vs.
> resolution and all that, and maybe wide angles.  However, my argument
is
> a market one.  LF is film and always will be.  MF may hang around as
> film format.  But how many folks, e.g., wedding photographers, are
going
> to drop the big money to get an MF sensor when there are cheaper
> alternatives that give good results. The one exception would be if
for
> some reason a miraculous breakthrough made sensors very inexpensive.
Over the long haul it won't take a miraculous breakthrough.

!SIG:46c26c08168491306186187!