tell you what, we'll build a tunnel from here to Aus and when London
looks like flooding we can use the tunnel to drain the water away.

The tunnel should start some way east of my house. This is what's
going to happen to my house when London floods:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/uk/07/thames_barrier/stm/1.stm

My house is at the apex (?) of the large oxbow in the centre of the
picture.

--
 Bob