You should take a look at the Blastolene Brothers stuff:

    http://www.blastolene.com/Blastolene_Cars.htm

Here's a shot of "Sneaky Pete" at Pacific Coast Dream Machines

    http://www.panix.com/~johnf/temp/SneakyPete.jpg

and here's "Big Bertha"

    http://www.panix.com/~johnf/temp/BigBertha.jpg

The picture quality isn't great, but the light was awful, and I
couldn't get a good shot of the vehicles without people in the way.