Jack Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When you download from the GIGA one to your computer's hard drive, does
> the GIGA clear or do you have to format its disk?

My Giga One behaves exactly like my other external drives. So, I copy my
files from the Giga One to the computer's drive and, once I'm sure that
all is OK, I delete them from the Giga One by dragging them into the
trashcan and emptying the can. No formatting required.

You are aware that (at least under Mac OS) it won't do just to drag the
files to the trashcan? You have to empy the can before you unmount and
disconnect he Giga One again.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de