I've nautilus script for linux box called rename_photos_YYDAYXXXX that
renames image files from the format on imgp0001.pef to imgp072800001.pef
The scrip location is here:

http://roman.blakout.net/cache/rename_photos_YYDAYXXXX

You can easily modify output name and create second script for your
other K10D body. It also creates unique file names whwere YY is year
number (7 now); DAY - day of the year and XXX is sequential number from
the input file argument passed to the script. As I said script is
written for perl Gtk2 and works on any linux PC with gnome desktop
environment (nautilus file browser). Just copy it into nautilus scripts
location and set permissions to 755 (exacutable). Select files you want
to rename in the nautilus and send to the script. Voila.

--
new pictures once and again <http://roman.blakout.net>