Paul Stenquist wrote:
> The CEO of the agency I'm working for owns a 1955 Chrysler 300C -- a
> perfect 300C. Last Saturday at the Dream Cruise I was hanging out in
> a parking lot and watching the cars drive by when I spotted the big
> guy's 300C coming down Woodward. I attempted a pan, but the car was
> moving very slowly, and I couldn't get a shutter speed slower than
> 1/30th in the hazy sunlight. (Should have had an ND filter mounted.)
> Anyway, I got a halfway decent pic but without any sense of speed and
> way too much detail in the background. What's worse, the hood was
> burned out and blending into a white car in another lane. So I
> PhotoShopped it. Here are the original and the retouched version for
> comparison. I made him a print. He loves it. Since I'm a day-to-day
> contract worker, love is a good thing.  ISO 100, f22 @1/30th DA
> 17-45/4 at 24mm.
>

> Original:
> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=6333097&size=lg
>
> Retouched:
> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=6333104&size=lg
>
> Paul

That's a pretty car, Paul.  And a nice photo, too.  The 'shop job looks
good.

The new cars are probably better engineered, more reliable, and more
efficient, but the old ones have character.  With all the new-fangled
crap they pour into them these days I still just want one thing:  a
rolling sofa.  I don't want to feel the road anymore.  At all.  My
Grandfather had a 1968 Electra until the mid-90s.  I have yet to ride in
anything newer that feels half as comfy.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com/fivetoedsloth/