The Super A is great - definitely my favourite among the MF Pentax, although
I've never handled an LX.

I don't have any experience with the SP 500 or SP1000 but I wouldn't rule out
the Spotmatic F.  It was the last of the screw mount  series and the most
capable in that it offered open aperture metering with Super Multi Coated
Takumars and SMC Takumars.  With other Takumars and other branded screw mount
lenses you get the usual stop down metering.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney, Australia