Stan, thanks so much for taking the time to let me know this, and for
giving such a detailed description - I love learning and your
knowledge is invaluable to me.    I had no clue - this was an extra
that came with a lens I got on Ebay years ago.  It's been hanging out
in my photo case since.  I'll update the photos' comments online.
Interested, by the way?

rg2