Bruce Dayton wrote:
> Well, obviously I am part of the problem - I'm one of those voting on
> the images.
>
> When voting, the images are presented somewhat as they
> are submitted.  Quite a few times now, I have seen maybe 10-30 images
> all of a trip with some commentary much like you'd show travel photos
> to your friends.  There might be one or two photos worth submitting to
> the gallery, but not all of them.  Most of those I have seen like that
> were all shot with the kit lens or sometimes the DA 50-200.  As these
> are the low priced lenses in the line, it stands to reason that
> someone either new to the Pentax line or new to photography would
> purchase and use them.  Someone more seasoned would not submit that
> many similar images - only the real standouts.
>
> I guess another way to put it would be that when you notice the lens
> used is quite expensive, you have a notion that perhaps the
> photographer is more serious about their work - this is not always the
> case, but more often than someone shooting the kit lens.
>
> That is the explanation - it doesn't mean at all that a great photo
> can't be produced with either of those lenses - and I have seen quite
> a few great shots done with those lenses.  But I have also seen a
> large percentage of shots done with those lenses submitted that didn't
> really cut the mustard.

Thanks.  It wasn't clear to me that you were writing about one person
putting up a number of pictures - I thought you were saying that,
despite the large number of pictures shown, you didn't think the lenses
were any good for that job.

I think I disagree with you - I know many people who could outshoot me
with an Espio.  It's _not_ the equipment.