On 8/31/07, David Mann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thumbs up from me :)
>
> I wish I had a lane all to myself like that, but we do have marked
> cycle lanes on many roads now so I can't complain too much.

Thanks, Dave.

That is indeed a bike lane, but it's "shared" with parked cars.  You
can see some cars parked way down the road on the right.  For most of
the way along that street (Davenport Road, for those who care), with
the cars parked, we bikes have maybe a metre of road space "all to
ourselves" - which is okay by me.

On the block on which that photo was taken, the houses have driveways,
one next to the other, directly in front of them.  Hence, no street
parking, and the extra-wide bike lane.

cheers,
frank