> The question should be; Will the judges even see the photo, if the peers
> vote it out?

I think not:

"Your votes are used to sort the images so that the best are presented
to the acceptance committee. PENTAX makes the final determination of
which images will appear in the Gallery. "

I'd guess that after a certain number and proportion of negative votes
has been met, the judges don't even see a photo.  Say, a minimun of
ten votes, and 8/10 negative (just an example) and it may just be
declined without being seen by the judges.  But, just a thought.

rg2