Interesting. The chromatic aberration produced by the lens can clearly be
seen. This would not have been evident if the moon were properly exposed -
but then you wouldn't have recorded any of the sisters.

For stars, nebulae, etc. (not the moon) at high magnification:

The following requires a properly aligned equatorial mount with sidereal
tracking, a ref converter with as much magnification as you can get and the
entire night in a dark area.

I:
    put on a green filter, focus, take many exposures,
    put on a red filter, focus, take many exposures,
    put on a blue filter, focus, take many exposures,

    then I triple size each of them.
    then I register & stack each color separately,
    then I import them into Photoshop,

    then I zero the red & the blue in the green image,
    then I zero the green & the blue in the red image,
    then I zero the red & the green in the blue image,
        I do this because the filters aren't perfect...
    Then I combine them,

    Then I balance them for white on the brightest star - unless I want to
accentuate something.

It's a lot of work, takes an unbelievable amount of time, but carefully
done, it kills the chromatic aberration, reduces noise, sharpens the image
and brings out things that would not otherwise be seen.

There's probably a much better way to do this, and astronomers out there can
probably help, but this does work.

Regards,
Bob...
"Life isn't like a box of chocolates . .
it's more like a jar of jalapenos.
What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow."