You can also do colour with pretty much the same gear, but it has to be
done at a higher temperature, to get the temperature right it is easy to
dunk the bottles of chemicals into a sink of tap-hot water, after 10
mins the whole lot is at about the right temp, you only need to maintain
the temp for a few minutes so you just need to add a dash more hot every
3 or 4 mins.
I scan with an Epson 3490 Flatbed with film adaptor using Xsane
software, see some results from this I have put a small Flickr set of
home processed and scanned shots. >
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/sets/72157601900998358/

I agree with what is written below, but I would also add some film
hanging pegs, they come as a pair, a normal one at the top and a
weighted one at the bottom to hold the film straight. As for developing
tanks, I prefer plastic Patterson with adjustable reels (they can fit
roll film or 35mm), but that is probably just because it is what I
learnt with.

Ilford have some really good guides to get you started, see
http://www.ilfordphoto.com/applications/page.asp?n=9

HTH
Drew.