I'd support local shops if they carried my preferred manufacturer's products
including the brand-specific accessories. I would rather see what I'm buying
in person. I would prefer the instant gratification of walking in and
exchanging money for what I want. Waiting for the delivery truck is
agonizing.

I was in the Biloxi area recently and drove to Mobile, AL because I needed a
piece of gear. That shop got my business because they had the item in-stock
and were able to set it aside for me. Imagine my surprise when I walked in
and there was still a space for non-Optio Pentax gear. As I waited my turn,
I perused the offerings. When the sales clerk appeared, I asked to see a
lens that was on display. She said that they didn't have it in a Pentax
mount. (It clearly was marked as such in the appropriate section. She
eventually found it and I got to test it.) Out in the open was a third-party
18-200mm which is nice for walking around (finally found with my diligent
help--LOL). Hidden away was the beauty of the bunch: SMC DA* 50-135mmm. It
begged to come home with me. How could I refuse? Needless to say, I walked
out of the establishment much poorer than I was upon arrival.

Here's the kicker: My purchases were placed in a large shopping bag
emblazoned with a picture of a huge Canon bearing the EOS logo. ARGH! Had
she heard nothing I said about a certain marketing behemoth? LOL

Yolanda