On Sep 9, 2007, at 5:17 AM, Digital Image Studio wrote:

> On 09/09/2007, Rebekah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> crazy stuff.  Nikon cameras confuse me; every time I've ever held one
>> I couldn't figure out where various buttons were, and if I did find
>> them, I couldn't understand the logic behind their placement.  They
>> get my hands all contorted and my brain much more muddled than usual.
>> I feel bad for my friend, who's stuck with the starter lens, which
>> doesn't really compare to the lenses for his Pentax camera.
>
> Try a Nikon FM2n if you ever get a chance, it a real camera and is
> very intuitive and usable.

Nikon F, F2, F3, FM, FE, FM2, FE2, FA, FM3a ... all of these were
wonderful to use. All the film AF and Digital bodies until the D200
annoy me except for maybe the F100 ... it's why I moved away from
Nikon in 2001 when I wanted to update my kit for the AF/digital era
coming. The D200 and subsequent models show some sensible design and
ergonomics returning.

Nikon's lenses of that era (AI, AI-S series) were always very very
good. They have added a consumer line in the past two decades that
are lesser, but the old 'pro' quality lenses that were at one time
all you could get in Nikon are nothing to complain about. Get a pro
grade Nikon lens on that camera today and it will perform beautifully.

Today's modern "kit" zooms are a serious retrograde step in quality,
in all makes.

Godfrey