A black Spotmatic F is one of the two screwmount bodies I'd buy today
(the other is a Bessaflex TM, a far newer design). It's a very well put
together body, essentially a K1000 (there are a few minor differences
due to the mounts).

Unlike Peter, I do have an extensive screwmount collection (28/3.5,
35/3.5, 50/1.4, 55/1.8, 55/2, 105/2.8, 135/3.5 and 200/4 all in Super
Takumar form) and do regularly shoot film. But I mostly use my Chinon
CM-3 instead of the Spotmatic SP I own (the Chinon has better metering,
and the stop-down switch is also the shutter release).

-Adam