The rational part of me knows whats the logic direction of the splashes are.
But my brain ain't rational. Never has been, never will be.

Jest or not. I wonder how fast I could make the recycle time of a normal
flash, if I added a mega batterypack in my backpack. We are talking fill
flash and an extender, so perhaps it didn't need a full recycle. Wonder
whats the reach of a 540 or a 500 and extender?
What a heck. Looking at what Muybridge did with his equipment, kind of sets
my mind free. I don't really _need_ 3fps. I only need one frame right.

I'm not a flash fan. It feels like cheating. Kind of spoiling the noble
sport part of it.
But the idea is kind of tempting too. The intertia of the setup I think I
could handle, with the major load at my back, and the gimbal mount helping
me handle flash and extender.

You are probably right about the shyness part. I havent found them respond
much to shutter sound either, but sound _and_ visual stimuly might be
another story.
The bird loving part in me says, better safe than sound. So if I decide to
go further with this crazy idea. Then I'd better test it out first, outside
hatching season.

BTW. Phillip Glass used the Horse in Motion series as cower art at one of
his LP's. Don't remember witch one, but it echoed the athmosphere of the
music very well.

Tim Twisted Mind