A lot of the pictures on there seem like crisp snapshots of pretty
things rather than good photographs.  Anyone can take a well focused
picture of something pretty, but is it really worthy?  I don't know.
Perhaps we're just back to the "art" discussion.

rg2

On 9/13/07, graywolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Welcome to the Camera Club, Frank. If your photos don't look like everyone
> else's photos you do not know how to take pictures...
>

> frank theriault wrote:
> > To those who've complained that not all of your photos have been
> > accepted in the Pentax Gallery, quit yer bitchin'!
> >
> > Not one of mine has been accepted so far.
> >
> > Not a single one.
> >
> > I've still got about 6 pending, but 6 have been rejected outright.
> > Street shots, still lifes, sports shots (Corner Kick, fer gawd's sake
> > - and if I'm allowed a moment of immodesty, that was a muther of a
> > photo!), portraits.  None of it "good enough".
> >
> > I no longer hold great hope for my participation in this venture.
> >
> > I kind of feel like not submitting any more.  If the 6 that I have
> > pending are rejected, I guess I'll know that I don't measure up to
> > their standards (whatever they may be), and find another place to show
> > my piccies...
> >
> > cheers,
> > frank

"the subject of a photograph is far less important than its composition"