Pål Jensen wrote:
> [...]

When someone comes up with a reliable software fix for moire. The soft images
are due to the Anti Aliasing filter, which exists to cut down on moire. Since
there's a software fix for what the AA filter does to the image (although Nikon
traditionally tries to avoid much in-camera sharpening) and moire is much
harder to fix in post, this is a tradeoff that most are willing to settle for.

-Adam