Your trying to make my analogy fit perfectly to some rules you have in your
head.  I was not.  It was a general analogy.

That is, if you give me a component of a system and and I don't have the
requisite parts of the system to make that component useful, then it is
potentially of little value.  Obviously, if I have the requisite parts, then
the value increases.

The winning party(ies) that receive a lens, flash, or instruction manual,
who are not currently Pentax owners, will have received something of dubious
value.

Tom C.