I thought you were joking, but in fact this is exactly what they
offered to give me, without my prompting them in this direction at all
-- and they emailed me first thing on Monday morning. As I replied
back, I am finally feeling taken care of, and no additional snarky
comments are necessary on my part.

Thanks all, for your sympathy and extra advice - it got me through the weekend.

--skye