Digital Image Studio wrote:
> On 19/09/2007, Toralf Lund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> I've said this many times before (it's a pet peeve of mine around here
>> you, may say), but it seems to me that the rumours of the death of the
>> old Pentax line-up are highly exaggerated. If you check the Pentax Japan
>> website [ ... ]
>>

> If the lenses that are visible on the Pentax Jp site were redily
> available to the rest of the world AF 1.7 TCs wouldn't be selling used
> for US$470

Actually, if enough people *think* they aren't available new, eBay
prices may be driven up regardless of whether they really are.

Like I said, I know for a fact that you may easily get the FA 50/1.4
new, yet those too have been selling for ridiculous prices. Or, not
quite as ridiculous as some other items, including the teleconferences
you mention, but I've seen several go for way more than what B&H
Photo/Adorama will charge.

- T