On Sep 18, 2007, at 9:15 PM, Bob W wrote:

> http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2007/09/24/070924fa_fact_lane/

Nice article, thanks for posting the link.

I enjoyed my Leica lenses and cameras immensely ... All told I had
the IIc, IIf, IIIf, M3, M4-P (x2), and M6TTL over the period from
1969 to 2002.

It was the Leica-design Vario-Elmarit 14-50mm ASPH OIS zoom that
encouraged me to try the Panasonic L1 when its price dropped
precipitously last May. That lens is a superb performer, but it's a
bit bulky. Fit the L1 with the Pentax K17FE, DA21 or Olympus ZD 35
Macro, however, and I feel like I have my Leica M in my hands again.

Godfrey