Thanks, Doug, for the detailed response.  I like options (1) and
(1a); however, I do not discern any difference between these two
options.  It seems like in either case I would just buy a printer.
Is there any other difference?  Also, is there a cable that runs
between the printer and camera body?

Thanks again,
Glen