Frank, here is what I think:

1. You're an excellent photographer. You really are.
2. You were somewhat late jumping on the Pentax photo gallery train. I
for one realize that with the grand amount of submitted photographs my
chances to have my work accepted are very small. I was lucky enough to
submit some of my photos when there were only few photographs and
photographers in the gallery. And some of my work got accepted.

Having said that, I think you should really not dwell much in this
specific project. I realize it would be cool to be on display on Pentax
Gallery, but if you're not there it *really* does not make you any less
a photographer than you actually are.

Cheer up!

Boris