In a message dated 9/28/2007 9:21:38 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
On Sep 28, 2007, at 9:07 AM,  Bruce Dayton wrote:

> A big thanks to all who have offered information  and advice on this
> subject.  A fair number indicated Lightroom as a  possible solution.  I
> have used Lightroom a bit and I think that  for my wife, all the extra
> capabilities are going to be a bit daunting  for her - there is so much
> extra UI hanging around to confuse  her.

============
I paid for Lightroom, student discount, after it  lost the saved library,
which admittedly wasn't that big yet (don't ask me what  went wrong), I really
lost interest in it. I am back to Elements 5 for my photo  organizing.
Actually,
I am weird, I prefer to organize by directory and date  stamp, and not worry
about a lot more organization than that.

So despite  some loving it, I think you can skip Lightroom, I have found the
B&W  conversion to be good, the rest is really a lot of hype. Elements/PS do
as well.  IMatch may be good too.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.