On 9/27/07, Scott Loveless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> frank theriault wrote:
> > I think my problem with the Pentax Gallery is that I don't know what
> > the standard is.  How can I aim for a target if I can't see it?
> >
> And it's a moving target, to boot.  You never know who may be voting on
> your photo at any given time.  Subjective is one thing.  Variably
> subjective is irritating at best.

Have you tried voting? It is a very poor interface for voting on photos.

- *HAVE* to vote up or down for each photo presented (can't vote on just 1 or 2)
- tiny thumbnails
- clicking thumbnail and get large image (have to scroll to get to close button)
- vote on 5 or 6 photos at a time

I would think an "am I hot or not"-type interface would be much
better. One image and you can vote on it or go to the next image. No
required voting, no tiny thumbnails, no huge images (okay, I am using
a small laptop with a 1280x800 screen but still).

I think the voting interface is a big cause for rejections.
Personally, when I see 6 photos there is not a chance I'm going to
want to vote on all 6. If other people are the same and they vote down
on images that don't grab them...