Hmm, it has been a while since I have visited the site.  I have put much
on hold while being up north.
I probably should fill in him...

Once I put the cobra on an LX I found that I enjoyed the 'feel' of the
camera much more.  Especially as I would step in and out of air
conditioned places.  It never felt that the LX would slip from my hand.

I must comment that I have had all sorts of comments about the cobra
LX.  I found that females really like the look.  Of course some squirmed
once they found out the source but even they came around.
I recall Eleanor (former PDMLer) at our San Antonio PDML get-together
finally warming to the camera and actually sitting close to it :-)

As to before ordering the cobra skin, I would think it is the exotic
nature of it.  The 'patina' that happens with the skin gives the camera
character.
I would send a link to a picture of the current state of my LXen, but
they are currently up north while I sit here in the south.

Cesar
Panama City, Florida