On Sep 29, 2007, at 8:02 PM, Mike Hamilton wrote:

> I've been printing more of my photos, and I'm gathering a collection
> of them now.  I matte each photo with matte board (no foam core), but
> now I'm facing an issue of storage.  What do you all do with your
> printed photographs?

I only keep a few matted or framed prints around, the mats are bulky
and heavy, take up a lot of space which I don't have to spare. I
usually make prints to order when they need to be matted and framed.

I do print a lot, however. I've got a number of portfolio style books
for when I want to carry them around but I've come to hate looking at
or showing my prints through transparent plastic sleeves. Last year I
found the Century Boxes, archival print boxes available in a variety
of sizes. They're nicely made, not too too horridly expensive, and
are good for both storage and presentation. I found that ordering
direct from the company saves a good bit over buying locally:

    http://www.centuryboxes.com/

There are other, less expensive boxes suitable for storing and
transporting mounted/matted work available. Light Impressions carries
some, other vendors have them too.

Godfrey