> I took these pictures about 14 months ago.
>
> Where I live, Contra Costa County, doesn't have much that is old and  funky.
> Expect for Port Costa, a tiny town beyond Martinez. At one time it was a
> major port in the California SF Bay Area, now it no longer has a pier and it's
> population is about 100-150 or less, probably the smallest town in the area.
> One
>  of the oldest too -- it only has about three buildings on each side of the
> main  street (which is almost unpaved, because it has so many potholes). There
> is one  restaurant people go to, but that is about the only surviving
> business.
>
> Its so small one would think it hasn't much to shoot... on the other  hand
> it's sort of a surreal little  town.
>
> http://members.aol.com/eactivist/THEATRE/index.html
><snip>

At first I thought these were a bit on the soft side (not offensively
so, but a bit) and I thought they were a teeny bit washed out (could
have used a bit more contrast - but again, nothing offensive).

The more I looked, the more I realized that those two things worked
with the ethereal, anachronistic look to these pix.  Composition is
lovely, as is the gallery.

Wonderful set of pix, Marnie!

cheers,
frank