I can't speak to the particular photograph presented, I don't know
enough about it. It looks like it was overprocessed to some degree.
You can't really judge a camera from marketing collateral.

However, the L1 is identical to the Digilux3 in terms of noise and
rendering when both are capturing RAW format exposures. I've compared
the L1 against the Pentax K10D and *ist DS very closely, have over
7000 exposures with it (35,000 or so with the two Pentax bodies), and
there is virtually the same noise signature on all three of them at
ISO settings between 100-400. So if you don't like the Digilux3 image
quality, you also don't like the *ist D or K10D for image quality.
The Pentax cameras' larger sensors are a bit less noisy at 800,
moreso at 1600.

The $3000 price tag you quote is high. The Digilux3 kit is available
at B&H for $2500 and has been offered with a 30% price rebate from
Leica as well from time to time, many have been purchased for $1800.
The lens alone is typically sold standalone for $970 ... it's not a
cheap kit lens, it's performance rivals the Pentax Limited primes.
The Panasonic L1 sibling is the same camera, modulo Leica's
additional QC and warranty (and different firmware for in-camera JPEG
rendering, irrelevant if you capture RAW format), had an MSRP of
$1995, sold for $1599 until a few months ago when for one reason or
another several vendors offered them at about $1050. I bought two. A
great bargain considering the lens and image quality.

Many have balked at the price of these cameras. Funny, though, is
that nearly everyone who bought one has been very happy with the
photos they make, despite the lukewarm reception in the review press,
rumors and nonsense about noise and other stuff. Even those who own
Canon 1Ds, Leica M8, and other such exotica ...

Godfrey