On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 10:23:09AM -0400, Rebekah wrote:
> I don't see how this guy making money off of the photographs could be
> considered "damages".   They certainly didn't lose any money just
> because he made some . . .

That's the argument used to justify file sharing, software copying, etc.
And even if it were true (which it isn't) it's irrelevant - the rule
isn't "if you make money, you have to share" - it's "only the person
who owns the rights is entitled to make money; if he doesn't give you
permission then you can't do anything".