[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I like the new format, Scott. Before each picture had to be  opened and
> closed individually, as a separate web page, which was pain. Now  between
> arrows
> and index it is much easier to see them all.

Before my ego gets too big, I thought I'd fill you in on how it's put
together.

The form is javascript.  It bundles your photo and the fields into a
nicely formatted little email message and sends it to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  I basically drag the photo into jAlbum and then
copy the text over.  Each entry requires a little manual editing of the
text.

I use a jAlbum template called Chameleon, tweaked a bit to meet our
needs.  There is at least one other PDMLer using jAlbum.  It's free and
very similar to Breeze Browser.  Breeze Browser is more flexible and has
more options, but the latest version of jAlbum fixed some formatting
problems I was having, so I'm satisfied with it at this point.  If you
compare this month's PUG to the last few, you'll see that I was able to
separate the photo title from the camera info and description simply
with <P> tags.  This wasn't possible before with the Chameleon template.
  (If it was, I wasn't smart enough to figure it out.)  The templates
that allowed standard HTML tags looked horrible, IMHO.

I spent a lot of time exploring alternates to the Chameleon template for
the October PUG, thinking I had something that would work, only to find
out that something like navigation sucked, or image resizing didn't work
quite right.  Once I realized that the latest version of jAlbum did what
I wanted, it really only took about 3 hours to put the PUG together.

Navigation.  You have three options for navigating the photos.  There
are left and right arrow buttons at the top.  Thumbnails of the last few
and next few photos are on the left and right of the current slide.  If
you hover your mouse over the slide you'll notice that it's divided into
three sections - previous photo, index, and next photo.  Opening the
slides in the same window as the index pages is an option I really like.
  I personally despise links that force a new tab or window.  The old
PUG style wasn't too bad, though.  Once you clicked a thumbnail, and the
new window opened, you could use the navigation buttons from there.  I
just like to keep everything in the same window, and no one has
complained about it.

I currently have one submission for the November PUG.  And it's not
themed.  Get on it.  Otherwise, Carrot Top impersonations will follow.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com/fivetoedsloth/