Doug Franklin wrote:

> How do I get better at doing my own gallery editing?  I'm not talking
> about the fine points of bending Photoshop to my will.  I'm talking
> about choosing the images that end up in the gallery for a collection
> and the characteristics of the gallery itself.

Good post and a perennial issue.

Have you seen this blog
http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2007/09/the-1-2-3-metho.html

In Lightroom, as a first pass, I open the files in Develop with the
filmstrip below. "P" or more often "X" flags the shot as picked or
rejected. Set the filter to Picked and I keep passing through the
filmstrip X-ing more shots. Things get easier as you have less choice.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc