At 1:10 PM -0400 10/10/07, Glen Tortorella wrote:
>Thank you for the comment...
>
>The Epson 4x6 paper is available only in glossy or semi-gloss.  It is
>also rather expensive at $9.00 for 40 sheets.  This amounts to nearly
>the same number of prints as a roll of film (36 vs. 40)--and that is
>just for paper, without ink and shipping on the paper (if one
>purchases it via mail order).  For $8.92 I can have two rolls of 24
>developed and printed (*in matte*) at Wal-Mart, or, for $15.50, I can
>have a professional lab (i.e. A&I) develop and print a roll of 36.
>Again, I have yet to see the overwhelming cost savings or general
>astuteness of scanning and printing at home.

Good points. For myself, I seldom want prints of everything on a roll
- I'm not that good a photographer - so why pay for prints I don't
want? I prefer specify develop only when I take the film in, then
scan the film when I get it back, examine the images on the monitor
and then only print the ones I like. That saves me money.

--

Steve Sharpe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://earth.delith.com/photo_gallery.html