Handwashing.  It's all about handwashing.  There are
astonishingly few things that are actually transmitted
through the air.

At the University of Rochester years ago, about 2/3 of
the pediatric residents picked up a nasty cold virus
called RSV during their first year.  A very aggressive
hand hygiene program cut that to 10 percent.  Similar
studies abound.

I would bet that your general pediatrician friend's
hand hygiene isn't up to snuff...

Rick