In a message dated 10/10/2007 10:56:51 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
- If I manipulate the  Folders/files in Lightroom, the Finder
immediately reflects the  changes.

Godfrey

============
Er, cough, er, yes, Godfrey.  I get all that -- the difference between the
library and OS folders. I just  needed to print out your post because it was
dense to read, not because I don't  get it. Although you may have forgotten, I
am
computer programmer. I may not  know assembly language, and I may not
understand some hardware things, like how  a RAID card works, but I am highly
highly
computer literate.

Although  maybe it will help someone else. :-)

Okay, it seems Lightroom will not  behave the way I want when it comes to
subdirectories. I made the mistake of not  importing the top directories,
although Lightroom didn't seem to allow me to.  But I imported my Elements 5
catalogue and that is probably how top directories  got skipped. I would prefer
that
subdirectories pictures only show in the  subdirectory film strips not in the
top directory film strips. The way Lightroom  currently works, it makes my
subdirectory structure sort of useless. So I guess  I will have to make all
subdirectories top directories.

I already see two  features that I wish Lightroom had.

1. An option/preference that can be  selected to make pictures only show in
subdirectory folders, not top  directories.
2. A batch synchronize folders routine. Where one can pick out a  HD or a top
directory and have Lightroom synchronize the whole thing. Import  pictures
added since the last time the batch synchronization has been run. In my
current
library setup, for instance, my drive J is not at the top level. If I  could
have drive J at the top level (with no film strip), then I could click on  it
and synchronize folders and it could synchronize the whole drive. So some way
to do a batch synchronization like that would be nice.

Thanks for your  answers though, you answered my questions in your first post.

Marnie  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.