Just for the record, I called by Ted's camera store in Brisbane on my way
home today and noted some prices. These are Australian dollars, so dividing
by 2 will give a rough US equivalent:

K mount:
M 200/F4  $195  (I looked at this one a week or so ago. Looks good.)
Super Paragon 35-70   $89
Prinzflex 28/f2.8   $150
Set of three extension tubes   $120

M42 mount:
Takumar 135/f3.5  $100
Vivitar 135/f2.8  $80
Takumar 35/f3.5   $89 and $99 (One looke slightly longer than the other.
Maybe there were different models(?) I was only looking in the window.)
Takumar 200/f3.5  $150
Takumar 55/f2     $45
Takumar 55/f1.8   $50

I picked up a K-Mount SMC 35/f3.5 for $80 a couple of months ago. I thought
that was a fair price for a fairly well rated lens in excellent condition.
(A better price than they are now asking for the non-SMC versions!)

I also picked up a Tamron 300/f5.6 in M42 for $150 (BBAR coating etc). It
was in excellent condition too. I thought it was a reasonable buy, but
everyone probably thinks that about their first 300 mm lens :-) I have found
it to be sharp enough.

Peter Jesser
Brisbane, Australia