I remain somewhat amvivalent about the church image, not sure why.  The
rusted cars image works this way too.

What about, leaving all the rusted metal in the second image as originally
displayed but having the rest be grayscale?  I think that would make old +
bold in the same image.  Just a thought.

Tom C.