Note the D3 is the camera whose performance I'm quoting at the end of my
have any actual need for, especially with SR.

When the 5D was the current high-ISO king, people were saying you
couldn't get that type of performance from cropped sensors. Well now we
can, and said people just raise the bar.

A FF Pentax with D3 level performance would be nice. But Pentax doesn't
play in that market (high-end 35mm) and never really has outside of the
LX. Pentax would do better to bring back the 645D program than pursue a
market that would require an entirely new line of lenses (Pentax would
need to introduce a full set of FF zooms, and possible a full set of FF
lenses if they intend to do SR on FF) as well as a new body.

-Adam