On Oct 16, 2007, at 9:04 AM, Steve Desjardins wrote:

> ... So these lenses were just introduced for market hype?

I have both DA* lenses on hand to work with at present. Compared to
the DA16-45 and DA50-200, they're significantly better built and
finished, a stop to two stops faster, and weathersealed. Imaging
quality is better IMO, much better between the 50-135 vs 50-200
comparison. Focusing is more accurate and utterly silent, manual
focusing is precise and the quickshift works perfectly. Faster ...
eh? not important to me. They're a bit on the bulky side.

Personally, i still prefer my prime kit of 14, 21, 43 and 70 over the
shorter zoom. I like my camera to be smaller and lighter, the DA*
zoom is pretty bulky. I like the longer zoom as it covers any need I
might have for a longer lens than the DA70 with reasonable speed and
the imaging quality is excellent: a good replacement for the
FA135/2.8 although a lot more bulky. For the little I use such long
focal lengths, it does well.

Godfrey