On Oct 16, 2007, at 10:34 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Such pomp and silliness, I never said this photograph was street
> photography. You and David decided to critique it as though it
> were. I guess that's because it's a picture of people taken
> outside.  It's a shot I took while trying out my 135/2.5 at a
> farmer's market. That's all it purports to be. I find the smiles on
> the faces of the women pleasant. Others may not., That's okay.

Cut with the stupid ad hominem nonsense.

What I said was:

> Hadn't looked at this one, Paul, but I have to agree with David.
> There's no sense of connection or intimacy to me. It's just a picture
> of some women, nicely exposed and composed but otherwise of no
> particular emotional merit.

You're the one who related it to Henri Cartier-Bresson work in your
discussion with David Savage. HCB is famous for his street
photography, so unless we live in a vacuum that is totally devoid of
any kind of logical association, that says you're relating it to
HCB's street photography. You are being pissy because someone didn't
find your picture very appealing and tried to explain why. Poor you!

In fact, what I said agrees with what you just said: it's a
technically good photograph with little else to it. I agree with
David's take on it. Big fucking deal.

If it's so unimportant to you, stuff it and stop the personal innuendo.