----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom C"
Subject: Re: Next move from Pentax: anyone in the know (even under NDA) ?

> Oh I don't know. :-)   My statement was a little different.  I'm saying
> that
> they have gained a little respect with the K10D and now is the prime time
> capitalize on it with a camera body that looks like they're trying to
> compete with the very high-mid/high range offerings from Canon and Nikon.
>
> To really do that, it needs to be FF.

I think they could garner quite a bit of respect in the present sensor size
if they could upp the pixel count to about 14mp, and still keep good high
iso performance, but greatly speed up the AF, and make the buffer larger.
I don't know if there are any sensors out there that fit this criteria or
not.
Something closer to full frame would be nicer, even at the cost of shake
reduction on DA lenses.

William Robb