----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re: Cut or Keep? A Question About Editing

> In a message dated 10/15/2007 9:24:08 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> And stop posting pictures  here, because you won't get an accurate opinion
> about what is good from this  list.
>
> William Robb
>
> ===============
> I beg to differ. Only  someone who showed his own photos on list so rarely
> would think this.

Chicken or egg, dear?
When I see people who indiscriminately praise everything thats posted,
whether tepid or otherwise, I tend to lose respect for the entire process.
Rather than damning with faint praise, which does no good at all, perhaps it
would be more honest to call spades what they are.
Often, this list is little more than a circle jerk when it comes to
reviewing pictures. It's a nice, warm and happy place, and I appreciate that
people need that in their lives, but the best way to improve your pictures
is to have it ruthlessly picked apart, and have the failings of the picture
pointed out. Unfortunately, when people do that, they tend to get spat on.

I don't post a lot of photos at the moment because most of my photography
right now is client based for the studio I am working for, and I'm not
bothering with securing permission to show the stuff. My work is selling,
and making money, I don't need praise beyond that.

We can agree to disagree on this one, I won't think less of you for it, and
I hope you'll feel the same way.

William Robb