According to one photographer I have been friends with for many
years, one of his corporate clients has ordered four digit figures of
Olympus E-3 cameras, to replace the E-1 and E-300s they currently
have, for their commercial photography staffers, who number in the
several hundreds of people. It's anecdotal information, but I'd call
that "a lot".

As I said, Nikon and Canon are the most highly visible part of the
community. They're in sports, photojournalism, news, and a lot of
other highly visible markets, they have large number of name
photographers. But that doesn't mean there aren't a lot of other
photographers out there.

Godfrey