On 17/10/07, Boris Liberman, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Think -
>recreation ;-).

What's that?!?

For 22 years I was staff and had five paid week's holiday a year. I
could ring in sick when I stubbed my toe. I had a 37.5 hour week with
paid overtime at 1.5T and 2T on a Sunday! I got a Discovery as a company
car. But then the gravy train hit the buffers.

Now I'm a contracted freelance and I have to source, buy and insure all
my own car and kit. I have 200 days guaranteed a year for another 15
months, spread by working 4 weeks out of 5. If I take time off, i pay a
subcontractor to replace myself - eg money lost. I do make twice what I
used to though, so it's swings and roundabouts as we say in Ye Olde Englande.

I know what you mean though - my 13 year old son keeps pestering me to
go play a round of golf. I'm supposed to be pestering *him*....

All I want to really do is spend the rest of my life cruising the rivers
and canals of Europe in a Dutch barge if truth be told ;-)

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__