Adam Maas wrote:
> Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
>
>> On Oct 18, 2007, at 7:40 AM, Christian wrote:
>>

>>> I know a lot of digiRebel users...  none of them would EVER
>>> consider the
>>> 50/1.8.  "It doesn't zoom" is the most often heard reason.  sheesh.
>>>
>> Yup.
>>

>>> It is a noisy flimsy little lens, but wow, is it ever value for money.
>>>
>> Bokeh is also very crappy, just like the rest of the lens. I tried
>> one and tossed it back, bought the EF 50/1.4 instead. That's a much
>> much better performer and is nicely built. Not as good as the Pentax
>> 50/1.4, however, and a bit more expensive.
>>
>> Godfrey
>>

> It's nowhere near perfect, but it's by far the best lens you can buy new for
> $75.
>
> -Adam

But you can get a used A 50mm from KEH for around $80.00 and Pentax USA
still says they are current products, even if you can't seem to find
them anywhere, (well almost anywhere, Milford Photo had a new one on
their display shelf for $79.99 last time I was there).

--
Remember, it’s pillage then burn.