http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-releases/13173-pentax-news-something-interesting-really.html

Still in the same thread (and a couple others in the same forum part)
rumours/indications/hints go to a 12+Mpix (I'd say 14Mpix based on
what I read) not CCD and not from usual well known supplier.

In fact they hint that Pentax needs a new supplier... or a
manufacturer. Read what you want but I'm sure you'll read the same
thing that I read.

Of course even if those hints are true (we might never know), they are
true now and probably much can change till they announce something
(which might ship later) so who knows?

Still, I remember we discussed here that Pentax, a couple years ago
was interested into producing their own sensors. They can't
manufacture them but Samsung can. Where'd they learn how to designed
those is another story.

And about FF: frankly, most people don't care the heck. They want XX
resolution, YY dynamic range and ZZ ISO/noise performance. Siez of the
sensor is totally secondary.
Before you tell me that only a FF sensor can blabla, well, look at
D300 noise level: it proves  technology *also* helps. They might go
1.2/1.3x too.

But this 'I want FF' thing is really out of proportion IMO. We'll see
what they do. It seems Hoya is strongly behind Pentax. If it confirms,
we should see a stronger Pentax than ever before. Time will tell.

--
Thibault Massart aka Thibouille