mike wilson wrote:

>Two things:
>1.  Unlike your own town, Newcastle is one word. 8-)

I can rationalize that (aside from being miss typo, second only to
Brooks in that area)
I once had an honorable mention in one of the New York Magazine's weekly
contests
with the theme of slightly changing old saws like this one.  My entry
was 'Don't carry old
coals to the new castle." :)

>2. How so we get signed copies?

hmmm.  Well you could come to New York....   good option for me :)
a couple of options here - I  could  mail you a post card or a note to
slip in to the book
or label to attach to prove you're a friend :)

The problem with paying me for one is that I only have one good copy  -
unlike the
poetry book, where i splurged and got about 10 copies myself  to
circulate and
sell here,  I kinda got to a situation where I should not spend even one
more dime
of credit to get the books.  If several people paid me with paypal so I
could pay lulu
that way I could sign them and mail them out,   getting one book at a
time from them
would be difficult.  A couple of you already bought the book directly
from lulu -
one wrote me and told me so , the other is a mystery .

I truly can't buy anymore of them myself until I get more money coming
in and it has been a really
bad month.

ann